One of the most popular eat all you can buffet restaurant in Cebu is the Cabalen. With delicious Philippines dishes offered in tight to the budget buffet deals eat all you can lunch or dinner, the Cabalen has surpassed the expectations of the Cebuano locals. They served an eat you can buffet Filipino cuisine that taste like they were cooked from your mom’s kitchen.
One of the reasons I love dining at the Cabalen is I can eat all the food I want without limit at a set price of P398 only (as of June 19 2017). Buffets before were very expensive and they were usually offered exclusively by hotels and resorts. Today, Cabalen made it possible for every Cebuanos to experience what it is like to sit with your family and friends plainly eating good food without limit where nothing can scare your shrinking pockets!
Most of the Filipinos love eating heavy meals, and I must admit, I am one of them. The locals love to go for an eat all you can meals, because they just love to eat more than they can in one setting.
Sometimes, you crave for something to eat. Oftentimes, you are not even sure what you want. Now, you must have realized why a buffet style can be good for those who love food, but are not sure what to eat. A buffet set table can take your budget from good to great!
The Cabalen eat all you can buffet is the right offer to tickle your taste buds and get you started for that homerun. If you know what I mean. When food is involved, people move in packs. A good flow of the herd/ pack is pretty obvious on the buffet table.
Seeing a buffet table filled with platters and bowls of food is already an appetizer for me while feasting my eyes with the different Filipino favorites is enough to make me efficiently calculate stomach capacity and count how many recipe selections I should explore for an instant taste test.
Buffet dining has become very popular in Cebu for eat all you can offers and private dinner parties. Buffet restaurants are an excellent option for family dining with a bit of class. People can choose whatever they want as they walk around and look at all the food items.
Photo taken July 30 2014 at Cabalen Eat All You Can Restaurant In SM City, Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
Photos taken December 17 2014 at Cabalen Restaurant In SM City, Mabolo, Cebu City
Eat all you can is my new mantra in life. In other words, I enjoy the idea of eating a lot, but still stay thin. Ang hirap naman ano sister? Nakakalito talaga ang hobby ko. Because of the casual nature of the buffet dining, it is acceptable to start eating as soon as you sit down with your plate. So, go girl, enjoy!
Tell you a secret. This is one fact no one can deny. Filipinos love good food and they just want to sit down and eat whatever. Only take what you know you can eat or you might get a small fee for the leftovers.
Cabalen is strict with leftovers. They have a clean plate policy that stipulates an additional charge per 100 grams of leftovers. You can ask if the branch you go practices this before you decide to stack your plate with too much food.
Cabalen serves Filipino dishes. No doubt locals love to eat at the Cabalen. Before, you can go into the restaurant and start eating at 9 am. Today, although the restaurant is already open, they start serving at 10:30 am.
Does this mean many have been sitting there for brunch and getting done at 2 to 3 pm? Joke lang naman ha (could be true!).
What the Cabalen restaurant offers is something that fits every one’s budget. Cabalen organized its food in different stations that offer different Capampangan dishes and Asian cuisine.
The Cabalen Menu
Crispy Kangkong, Crispy Crablet, Chicharon Cabalen, Tokwa’t Baboy, Tocino Rice, Shrimp Okoy, Cabalen Lumpia
Bulalo, Sinigang na Lechon, Corn Soup, Kalabasa Soup with Malunggay,
Main course station
Lechon de Leche, Adobong Camaru, Cabalen Morcon, Rellenong Bangus, Kare Kare, Calderetang Baka, Dinuguan, Asadong Manok, Paksiw na Lechon, Ginataang Kuhol, Adobong Pusit, Bistig Tiyan ng Bangus, Pork Tortang Capampangan, Gatang Laing, Kilawin Puso ng Saging, Balot ala Pobre, Ginataang Lanka with Alimasag, Pancit Puti, Bam-I, Sotanghon Guisado, Inihaw na Hito served with Burong Hipon, Inihaw na Salmon Belly, Black Bangus with Buro’t Mustasa, Pinaputok Inihaw na Pla-Pla, Inihaw ng Pork Liempo, pork BBQ
Fresh Fruits, Fountain Chocolate with Marshmallows, Halo Halo, Sampelot, Minatamis na Saging, Biko, Palitaw, Leche Flan, Maja Mais
Sizzling Sisig, Sizzling Lechon, Sizzling Bangus, Sizzling Tofu
Steam Rice, Garlic Rice, Tocino Rice, Adobo Rice, Pusit Rice
Cabalen Salad, Aligue Mangga, Steam Vegetables, Ensaladang Ampalaya with Dulong, Ensaladang Talong, Ensaladang Burong Mustasa, Ensaladang Pako, Pipino Salad
I am a food lover and quite a flavor hunter. Before I write my next article, I would ask around and make some research where to go next, and that next would mean deciding whether I should go far or just around town.
With Cabalen, no matter how you wrestle the buffet table, you are guaranteed to leave truly satisfied and really full to your stomach capacity. Just thinking about unlimited food can definitely ignite your senses and stuff yourself greedy at your own pace, own whim, and own craving.
It is like exploring the Philippine history through your palate with the rich variety of dishes right on your front. My passion for food is well served at the Cabalen neatly organized stations.
Everything is well lit so you cannot say you missed out something. They definitely practiced a fair priced buffet with great display and selection of food. At times, Cabalen may offer special packages for events and occasions.
Buffet guest etiquette tips
- Only take what you know you can eat. If you are still hungry after you finish what’s on your plate, you can go back, after the others have a chance to get their first servings.
- Don’t expect other people to watch your children for you. If you bring them, they are your responsibility.
- Don’t crowd others when they are serving themselves. Give people plenty of personal space and elbow room.
- Walk around and look at all the food items before making your selection. That way you can plant, starting with what appeals to you the most and work your way toward items you would like to try without running out of room in your plate.
- When dining out at a buffet style restaurant, always get a fresh plate before putting food on it. Returning with the same plate is unsanitary and may spread germs.
- Never reach around someone. Doing so is not only rude, it’s likely to cause an accident that can be avoided if you wait until they are finished making their selection.
- Keep the line moving. Don’t hover while trying to figure out whether or not you want something. If you aren’t sure, move on and come back later after you decide.
- Don’t touch any of the food in the serving dishes. Never use your fingers to pluck something off a serving dish. You also don’t want to lick your fingers while standing at the serving counter.
- Place all serving utensils in the original dishes. You don’t want to cross contaminate items. If someone is allergic to a food item that winds up in another dish, that person may become very sick.
- When you get up from your table to return to the buffet, place your napkin on the seat of your chair to let others know you are returning.
- If you feel the urge to cough or sneeze, turn your head away from the serving table.
Remember, eating can be fun, but as always, there are rules to follow when you find yourself immersed in a buffet meal scene. Before piling food on your plate, look at the dining tables and see if the utensils are already there, and don’t need to look for them at the buffet table.
I love eat all you can buffet style. See you on my next food trip.
Where to find Cabalen Restaurant in Cebu
Lower Ground Floor, North Wing, SM City
North Reclamation Area, Mabolo, Cebu City
Telephone 032 505 0821
Lower Ground Floor, Mountain Wing
SM Seaside, SRP, Cebu City
Telephone 032 254 9097
The Cabalen eat all you can buffet restaurant in Cebu City is the best deal you can have if you are a solo traveler traveling in a tight budget. You can experience Pinoy dishes that define the Philippines cooked in a safe and highly hygienic manner, you won’t have any problem with your stomach later after eating! For an estimated price near to P300, you get to taste all you can eat Cabalen best buffet deals. Get moving and dine here before the place gets crowded. You don’t want to wait outside for the next available seat, do you?