Qualified faculty and staff of tenured and non-permanent positions from CHED recognized Philippine higher education institutions are eligible to apply. There is no limit in the number of applications being accepted. Age should not be more than 42 years old for the Master’s degree programs and should not be more than 40 years old for the Doctoral degree programs.
All academic disciplines (not technical or vocational) are valid. Certificate programs are ineligible, because they are not sanctioned by a degree. Sandwich programs and other research endeavors are eligible for the CHED – PhilFrance Scholarships as long as their minimum duration is 10 months (1 academic year) spent in France.
A growing number of Master’s degrees are now offered in English at the state-regulated rates (see the search engine section of the FAQ to identify said programs). The vast majority of French PhDs are offered at the state-regulated rates and an increasing number of doctoral schools offer English as a working language (especially in the natural sciences).
- Be employed by a CHED-recognized Philippine institution of higher learning
- Be a Filipino citizen
- Not be more than 42 years old for applicants to Master’s degree programs and not more than 40 years old for applicants to Doctoral degree programs by the time you begin your degree
- Hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree (for applicants to Master’s degree programs) or a Master’s degree (for applicants to Doctoral degree programs)
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Demonstrate knowledge or expertise that would prepare them adequately for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- Be in good health and of good moral character
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation
- A degree-awarding graduate program (Master’s or PhD) from a French higher education institution.
- Candidates are free to apply to any program of their choice and can submit more than one application per cycle. However, the scholarship will only cover the registration fees of state-regulated courses, with limited exceptions. Master: €256, Doctorate: €391.
- A CV no longer than two pages detailing your academic and professional experience
- An academic essay no longer than 750 words. The choice of formatting and content are left to the candidate, but the essay must underline his or her reasons for wanting to study in France and how this experience and degree will benefit Philippine academia. Essays exceeding the word limit will be discarded along with the application. Be advised that we ask for an academic essay, not a cover or motivation letter.
- Certified true copy of academic transcripts
- Letter/s of acceptance, or proof of a completed application, to graduate programs, issued by the French higher education institution (HEI)
- CHED-issued re-entry action plan
All documents must be in PDF format except for the essay, which must be submitted as a Word document. Additional documents (such as letters of recommendation) submitted without the Embassy requesting them, will not be accepted. Please be advised that shortlisted candidates will be contacted to submit additional documents, such as medical certificates and NBI clearance.
- Frais d’inscription en université (registration fees) waiver for the entire duration of the chosen program (for state-regulated programs in public universities only). Due to a specific agreement made by CHED, Sciences Po, and the French Embassy, CHED will be fully financing the frais de scolarité (tuition fees) for Sciences Po’s graduate programs on top of the all the other benefits offered by the CHED-PhilFrance Scholarships.
- A living allowance depending on the degree and area of residence, For Master’s degree candidates Greater Paris area €950/month, and elsewhere €750/month. For PhD candidates: €1,200/month, regardless of their area of residence.
- A health care package composed of mandatory sécurité sociale étudiante (national health care package) and a mutuelle (supplementary policy).
- Airfare (one round-trip only) to the city of destination (nearest airport).
Submit your application here, http://philfrance-scholarships.com/application/ched-philfrance-scholarship/
Embassy of France in Manila
16th Floor Pacific Star Building
Corner Sen. Gil Puyat Ext. and Makati Ave. 1200
Makati, Metro Manila
Telephone: 02 857 6900
French Consulate Cebu
Telephone: 032 232 1311 or 032 233 2542
Use the contact button at the top right of the page, visit http://philfrance-scholarships.com/
Read more http://philfrance-scholarships.com/scholarship-details/ched-philfrance-scholarship/eligibility-criteria/