The Philippine – American Educational Fund offers the Fulbright Graduate Student Program to Filipino professionals and faculty. The Fulbright Scholarship Program is a competitive, merit based scholarship program that provides opportunities for graduate degree and non-degree studies at one of the universities in the United States in the fields of:
Study of the United States. This is a field of study about the American culture, life and society. The scholar will study the areas of government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies or any other humanities or social science field with significant study of the US subject matter.
Global Issues. This is a field of study that include the environment, human rights, governance and public administration, peace studies/ conflict resolution/ transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, public health and STEM fields.
Open Grants. This is the field of study not covered by the first two field categories with the exception of medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, clinical psychology, medical technology, and accountancy.
Grants under the Philippine Fulbright Student Program are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for master’s, and two years for doctoral degree studies. The grant provides round trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, books/ supplies allowance, and health and accident insurance.
- Philippine Citizenship
- English proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience 9after college) in their field of specialization. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the US
- Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately after completion of the study
Additional requirements for non-degree applicants
- Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant study program in a Philippine university
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines, but are available in the United States
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/ or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/ universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma
- Four letters of reference, forms are included with the application kit
- Completed 8 page application form
- NBI clearance acquired in the past 6 months
You may download the application form and the reference form here, https://fulbright.org.ph/scholarship-programs/fulbright-philippine-programs/graduate-student-program/
Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF)
10/F Ayala Life – FGU Center,
6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1226