Are you leaving as fiancé(e)/ spouse or partner of a foreigner or a former Filipino? If yes, then you need to attend the Guidance Counseling Program called GCP! Republic Act 10906 (“Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act of 2016) and Republic Act 10364 (“An Act Expanding the Anti-Trafficking in Person Act of 2012”) require the conduct of mandatory pre-departure counseling services for Filipinos in intermarriages.
The GCP is also a requirement under the implementing rules and regulations of Republic Act 8239 or the Philippine Passport Act for Filipino fiancé(e)s, partners and spouses of foreign nationals or former Filipino citizens who are applying for a passport for the first time or adopting the surname of the foreign spouse.
The main objective of the program is to assist the integration of Filipinos in their host countries by counseling them on the realities of international migration, and preparing them to meet the practical, cultural and psychological challenges in cross-cultural marriage and migration.
To attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP), you must secure an appointment through the GCP On-line Appointment System (GOAS). Below are two links for the GCP sessions in Manila or Cebu. Sessions are based on your foreign fiancé(e)’s /spouse’s /partner’s citizenship.
There would only be 15 attendees per session in CFO-Manila and only 12 attendees per session for the CFO-Cebu. The session automatically closes when all allocated slots have been taken.
YOU MAY WANT TO READ THIS
Only clients with confirmed appointment and complete requirements will be admitted to the counseling session. Those with confirmed appointment should bring the printed barcoded confirmation form or present the digital copy (saved PDF form) in their mobile phone or table PC.
Your slot will be forfeited if you don’t show up on set date of appointment. Reservation shall be done again online. Anyway, you do not need any if you are a senior citizen.
No appointment is needed for senior citizens 60 years old and up, person with disability but with PWD ID or medical certificate, pregnant women with medical certificate, and minors 12 year old and below.
You can avail of the priority lane at the CFO Manila and Cebu offices for your attendance to the CFO Guidance and Counselling Program (GCP). You must however, be guided by the schedule of the different counselling sessions conducted by the CFO found in our website.
You are discouraged to secure online appointment through fixers. The PDOS/GCP appointments are free. Kindly arrive at the CFO an hour before your counseling session for the administrative procedures.
- Two (2) original valid identification cards with photograph (see samples below);
- Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be secured at the CFO;
- If married in the Philippines, original Certificate of Marriage on security paper from the Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA);
- If married overseas, original Report of Marriage duly registered by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate or the Department of Foreign Affairs; and
- Payment of PhP400.00 counseling and registration fee.
Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process. It is advised for all the GCP applicants to prepare the following documents (if applicable to them) in advance and bring these documents when they come to CFO
- Divorce decree/certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
- Annulment paper (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
- Proof of residency/Alien Registration Card-ARC (of foreign spouse)
- Proof of relationship (picture together, e-mails, among others)
- Death certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if widow/widower)
- Certificate of Family relations / registration (of foreign spouse)
Additional registration requirements for those with visa
- Original valid passport;
- Original valid visa
- Original Immigrant Data Summary (please do not detach from yellow packet) for US-bound emigrants, except for K visa holders;
- Original Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada-bound emigrants;
- Original Visa Grant Notice for Australia-bound emigrants;
- Original Certificate of Eligibility for Japan-bound emigrants;
- Original CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate (if already attended the GCP); and
- Duly completed emigrant registration form.
Further reading, https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html
The Commission On Filipinos Overseas adheres to very strict confidentiality standards. Any information or counseling/documents that you provide are kept strictly confidential, except in life threatening situations, cases of suspected abuse and danger on the part of the CFO clientele, or when release is otherwise required by law.
How to make an online appointment?
Click the GOAS link where you intend to attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP).
Answer preliminary questions to verify if you need to attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP).
If eligible for the GCP
- Indicate your e-mail address
- Click on the link sent to your e-mail
- Choose your preferred date of appointment
- Provide personal information of yourself and of your fiancé(e)/spouse/partner
Print barcoded confirmation form or save a digital copy (PDF format) in your mobile phone or tablet.
Take note of your date of appointment. Go to CFO-Manila or CFO-Cebu on the confirmed date at least an hour and a half before appointment and bring the complete set of required documents.
Please read the PDF below for more informationCFO Guidance and Counseling
Passport, Driver’s License, Postal ID, Social Security System (SSS ID), Goverment Service Insurance System (GSIS ID), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC ID), Senior Citizen’s ID Card, Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR I-Card), Consular ID, Seaman’s Book, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID, Philippine Overseas, Employment Association (POEA) ID, PRA Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV) ID, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) ID, Overseas Worker’s Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID, Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID), Philippine National Police (PNP) ID, Voter’s ID
National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (NSO Authenticated), National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, Police Clearance, Barangay Clearance/Certificate, Company/Office ID, Student’s ID or School ID, OFW ID, Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP), Tax Identification Number (TIN ID), PhilHealth Identification Card (PIC), Home Development Mutual Fund (HMDF) or PAG-IBIG ID, Permit to Carry Firearms.
Location of CFO Offices
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres Quirino Avenue corner Osmena Highway
Manila, Philippines 1007
Telephone: 02 552 4700
4th Floor, K&J Building, #4 Don Julio Llorente Street
Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000
Telephone: 032 255 5253
Clark Polytechnic Compound, Jose Abad Santos Avenue
Clark Freeport Zone
Telephone: 045 499 8119
5th Floor AMQ Building, Lakandula Street
Corner Dacudao Avenue, Agdao, Davao City
Telephone: 082 228 2432