What Type Of ID Can You Present And Use To Claim Money From Western Union Philippines?

Western Union has a list of IDs you may present when you claim your money transfer. The money transfer recipient is allowed to present only one ID as proof identification to the nearest WU store. This means you only need to bring one valid government issued ID or any government and private employment ID.



Below are the list of IDs accepted by WU

  • Unified Multi Purpose ID


  • Social Security System (SSS) card


  • Senior Citizen Card


  • Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP)


  • Driver’s License


  • Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID


  • National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance



  • Passport


  • Postal ID


  • Voter’s ID


  • Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card


  • Senior Citizen Card


  • Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID


  • OFW ID


  • Seaman’s Book


  • Employment ID (Government and Private)


  • Student ID, for those below 18



Other acceptable photo IDs are

  • Police Clearance Certificate


  • Certification from National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons or NCWDP


  • DSWD Certification


  • TIN Card


  • Barangay Clearance Certification


  • Homeowner Village Association ID


  • Philhealth ID Card


  • Employment ID (Government and Private)


  • Student ID (for non-voting/minor age students; not accepted for 18 years and above; during school breaks, FLA’s may accept the old ID and record and the reason for the absence of new one)


  • PhilHealth Insurance Card ng Bayan



When it comes to receiving money with Western Union, you have a lot of choices. Money can be received in dollars or in pesos. However, not all agent locations in the Philippines carry US dollars. Below is a PDF you can check to see if the store nearest you allows a US dollar payout




Get the money the way you want it. You can choose for a cash pick at their agent locations, bank deposit, or through your Globe GCash or Smart Money wallet. You can confirm whenever the money is ready for pickup or track your transfer here,  https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/self-service/app/tracktransfer




Call the Philippines customer hotline at 02 888 1200 if within Metro Manila


Toll free 1 800 1 888 1200 for nationwide calls using PLDT

Toll free 1 800 9 888 1200 for nationwide calls using Globe




Telephone +63 2 888 1200 for calls from overseas



Take your MTCN tracking number and valid photo ID when you go to the store to claim your money transfer. Complete the Receive Money form. Sign the receipt. Receive your cash.




The receiver or money transfer recipient will pay the documentary stamp tax in the form of an automatic deduction on payout.

4 thoughts on “What Type Of ID Can You Present And Use To Claim Money From Western Union Philippines?

  1. What if you are foreigner, and you are above 18 and have student ID that you wish to present to a Western Union Agency?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *