The Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program, managed by LANDBANK’s Corporate Affairs Department, is a unique two-pronged scholarship program with an E2E Internship component for children of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) taking up agriculture-related courses. The program covers the formal education or the four-year degree program in partnership with International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) and, informal education or skill-based training program in partnership with Pilipinas Association of Rural Families for Education and Development (PARFED).
The E2E component is an internship program composed of a 10-week intensive internship where graduates will spend three weeks of lectures, seminars, and professional and personality development activities at the Landbank Head Office in Manila, and seven weeks of field work in Landbank or in different partner-institutions, such as the Philippine Rice Research Institution (PhilRice), Philippine Carabao Center (PCC), and Harbest Agribusiness Corporation (HARBEST), etc., with the objective of securing agriculture-related jobs at the end of the program.
Landbank established a unique funding scheme for the program wherein Landbank employees voluntarily donate a minimum of one hour’s worth of their salary during the last working day of the year. To date, a total of P14 million has been donated by Landbank employees nationwide.
Since its inception in 2013, the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program has accepted 2nd to 4th year college students for both the formal and informal education programs, covering full subsidy for tuition fee, including monthly stipend, book allowance, thesis writing and uniform costs.
With its initial success, the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program will be expanded to 17 more universities across the country starting this academic year 2017-2018, in line with its goal to encourage and equip more aspiring future agriculturists that can contribute in developing the agriculture sector of the country.
With Landbank’s mandate of helping spur and sustain countryside development, the Landbank Gawad Patnubay (Gawad Pag-aaral Tungo sa Maunlad na Bayan) Scholarship Program is an education-to-employment initiative designed to benefit underprivileged, but deserving students who shall specialize in the fields of agriculture and fisheries.
- Over 100 students from various year levels benefited from the program
- A total of 40 Landbank scholars graduated, and participated in the Education-to-Employment (E2E) Internship Program
- 19 scholars graduated with honors
- 100% of graduate scholars who are required to take the Agriculturist Licensure Exam are now professionally licensed, including 1 scholar who placed 6th in the national ranking in 2015
The program aims to develop skills in modern agriculture, renew enthusiasm for the agricultural sector, promote sustainable development, and reduce poverty in the countryside through quality education.
- 100% subsidy for tuition fees
- Very Competitive monthly stipend
- Yearly Book allowance
- Research grant/thesis funding
- Licensure review and examination subsidy
- Financial award for honor students from Php 30,000 to Php 50,000 cash incentive
- 10-week Education-to-Employment (E2E) Internship Program (Inclusive of airfare, accommodation, food, and stipend)
– 3 weeks capacity building and personal development at the LANDBANK Head Office
– 7 weeks field internship
The financial assistance provided by the program is funded by more than 7,000 Landbank employees through voluntary salary contribution with a minimum of one hour’s worth of their salary during the last working day of the year.
Additionally, Landbank has a counterpart of 50% of the total funding for the formal education program which enables the program to support 110 scholars each school year.
- Benguet State University (BSU)
- Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU)
- Isabela State University (ISU)
- Central Luzon State University (CLSU)
- Univeristy of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
- Marinduque State College (MSC)
- Central Bicol State University of Agriculture (CBSUA)
- UP Visayas (Miag-ao Campus)
- Negros Oriental State University (NORSU)
- Bohol Island State University (BISU)
- Visayas State University (VSU)
- Jose Rizal Memorial State University (JRMSU)
- Central Mindano Univeristy (CMU)
- University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP)
- University of Southern Mindanao (USM)
- Surigao del Sur State University (SDSSU)
- Mindanao State University (MSU)
E2E Internship Program
Aside from offering educational funding, the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program also has an Education-to-Employment (E2E) internship component. E2E opens opportunities for the scholars to prepare them after graduation, and aims to secure agriculture-related jobs for the scholars at the end of the program.
Upon successful program completion, the scholars will participate in a 10-week intensive internship program composed of three weeks of lectures, seminars, and professional and personality development activities at the Landbank Head Office in Manila.
Additionally, scholars will experience 7 weeks of field work in Landbank or in different partner-institutions such as the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Philippine Rice Research Institute (PhilRice), Philippine Carabao Center (PCC), Landbank Countryside Development Foundation Inc. (LCDFI) and Harbest Agribusiness Corporation to name a few.
Thus far since 2015, over 10 scholars have been deployed to PhilRice, 7 scholars to LCDFI, 3 scholars to the Landbank Head Office, 2 scholars to IRRI, and 2 scholars to PCC among many others.
- Must be Filipino citizens.
- Have gone through initial screening procedures of partner universities (e.g., entrance exams, submission of required documents, and preliminary interviews, which are standard requirements for enrollment).
- Preferably dependents of active members of cooperatives of small farmers and fishers currently being assisted by LANDBANK or LCDFI, or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCs).
- Must be incoming first-year to third-year students pursing BS Agriculture, BS Fisheries or any agriculture-related disciplines.
- With a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 2.5 or its equivalent in each semester, with no grades lower than 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject.
- Must not be enjoying any other financial assistance, grant, or scholarship from other external sources (e.g., foundations, government and private scholarships, pre-need educational plans).
- Annual family income must not exceed PHP150,000.00 as stated in their BIR income tax return, with exemptions as determined by the project team on a case-to-case basis. For example, parents with four or more children/dependents may have an income that could exceed PHP150,000.00— this may be taken into consideration when the application is evaluated.
How to apply
Students who are enrolled in one of the 17 partner schools and taking up an agriculture-related course may submit the application form and all the other requirements to the respective University Student Affairs Office on or before the published deadline.
- Duly filled-out scholarship application form
- Photocopy of the certified true copy of birth certificate PSA certified birth certificate
- Two 2”x 2” ID photos
- Medical certificate
- Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
- Certificate of good moral character coming from the school or university’s Office of Student Affairs
- One letter of recommendation from a previous teacher/professor
- Current resumé and list of activities, awards, and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- Barangay clearance from the applicant’s home barangay
- Certified true copy of grades:
– For incoming 1st year – secondary student’s permanent
records or Form 137 with GWA not lower than 85 or its
equivalent and no failing grades in any subject
– For incoming 2nd year to 3rd year college – summary of
grades with a GWA of 2.5 per semester or its equivalent
with no grade below 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject
Read more about the program here, https://www.landbank.com/sites/default/files/downloads/GawadPatnubay_3Panel_Brochure_as%20of%2007122017.pdf
Or see the PDF belowGawadPatnubay_3Panel_Brochure_as of 07122017
You can download the application form here, https://www.landbank.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Application%20Form_Gawad%20Patnubay%20Scholarship.pdf
Or see the PDF belowApplication Form_Gawad Patnubay Scholarship
Submit your application to
Landbank Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program
For more inquiries, send an email to email@example.com