The ASEAN Scholarship for the Philippines is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A Level) (or equivalent) certificate. The scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students from the Philippines who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary Three Level (equivalent to High School Year 3 or Grade 9 in Philippines) are welcome to apply. Candidates who are not shortlisted for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
- Nationals of the Philippines
- Completed at least High School Year 2
- Preference will be given to those who have completed High School Year 3
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified a week before the selection test and interview dates.
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidized medical benefits and accident insurance cover
YOU MAY WANT TO READ THIS
If you performed well in the scholarship selection test, but are not offered the scholarship, you will be considered for the Merit Award for studies in Singapore government/government-aided schools. The Award offers the following concessions:
- Payment of school fees at Singapore Permanent Residents’ rates
The above concessions are renewed annually, subject to your passing of the year-end school examinations, progressing to the next level of studies and good conduct in school.
All Merit Awardees will be posted by Singapore Ministry of Education to a Singapore government/government-aided secondary school. The necessary forms and detailed information on how to apply directly to the schools will be given to you with the Merit Award offer letter.
Customer Service Centre (Podium Block of MOE Building)
Ministry of Education, Singapore
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Telephone: +65 687 22 220