The OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP) grant is offered to qualified dependents of OFW-OWWA members who plans to pursue a four or five year baccalaureate degree or associate degree in state college or university. The scholarship grant will be P20,000.00 per year financial assistance.
OWWA offers OFWDSP to 1,250 qualified students. This will be distributed equally among the poorest provinces and cities throughout the country. Insurance coverage has been increased from P100,000 to P300,000 per scholar.
The OFW parents must have a monthly salary of not more than US$400. To encourage more OWWA members OFWs to avail of the program, the RWO-NCR has coordinated with some Philippine Recruitment Agencies (PRAs) deploying Household Services Workers (HSWs) to include in their orientation for their recruits the basic requirements and procedure in availing said scholarship program.
Below are the requirements to qualify for this program:
- Legal dependent of the OFW must be an active OWWA member and whose salary is below $400.
- Only applicable to one child or one sibling per OFW family.
- The dependent must not be more than 21 years of age.
- Legal dependent must be a high school graduate, and is physically, morally, and mentally fit.
- Legal dependent must pass the entrance examination conducted by the state college or university where he/she intends to enroll. Said examination will be conducted in OWWA regional offices.
- The dependent-applicant must not be a recipient of other scholarship grants.
- Qualified dependent must not be a previous availee of EDSP or CMWSP. Read about CMWSP here.
- In case the couple are both OFWs, only one scholarship slot will be allotted for them.
7th corner F.B. Harrison Sts.,
Pasay City Metro Manila, Philippines
Telephone: 02 833 6992
GLOBE HOTLINE 2917 (Press “3” for OWWA)
Mobile/SMS text messaging: 0917 898 6992