PBED is a nonprofit organization founded by top CEOs in the country. The Philippine Business for Education is the business community’s response to the Philippines need for greater education and economy alignment. They made it possible for the Filipinos to access an education system that provides needed competencies and values so they can live productive lives and gain successful careers, by engaging and encouraging the industry, academe, and the government to help and support training for the labor market.
PBED in coordination with the Australian Aid, DepEd, and STEPUP, provides scholarships to all bachelor degree holders and college seniors who want to become teachers. Actually, STEPUP, in short for Scholarships for Teacher Education Programs to Upgrade Teacher Quality in the Philippines, is a scholarship campaign by the Philippine Business for Education (PBED), funded by the Australian Government, under the Basic Education Sector Transformation (BEST) program.
A total of 1,000 scholarships will be awarded to deserving candidates between the years 2015 to 2019. The goal is to produce high quality teachers ready for public school employment by 2019. The program seeks to attract good performing college graduates and professionals into the teaching profession by offering competitive scholarship packages.
- Graduate of any Bachelor’s Degree, except Education (preferably BS Math, Medical Sciences, Literature, Social Studies, and other related courses).
- Must have at least a general weighted average of 85% or equivalent in college
- Must not be older than 45 years old
- Full Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees
- Mentoring Package
- Monthly Allowance – Php 4,000
- Semestral Book Allowance – Php 3,000
- Semestral Uniform Allowance – Php 1,000
- Monthly Dormitory Allowance – Php 2,000 (max)
- One-time Relocation Allowance – Php 5,000 (max)
- Thesis or Practice Teaching Allowance – Php 5,000
- Reimbursable Health Allowance – Php 5,000 (max)
- Graduation and Miscellaneous Fees – Php 2,000
- One-time Return Allowance – Php 3,000 (max)
- LET Assistance Package – Php 11,500 (max)
YOU MAY WANT TO READ THIS
- Must maintain 85% and above general average
- Must not drop subjects
- Must take and pass the LET
- Must teach in a public school under DepEd for 3 years for CTPs
How to apply
Please submit these main documents
- Duly accomplished STEP UP Application Form
- 2×2 Photo
- Undergraduate College Transcript of Records / Certified true copy of grades
- Certificate of general average (in percentage, ex. 87%) indicating the cumulative average of grades and the semesters and school years covered signed by the college secretary or registrar
- Two (2) accomplished reference forms signed by teachers/ employers
Secondary documents required for submission after you passed the examination, to be submitted on the date of interview
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from college/ university/ employer
- Entrance exam results (for advanced takers)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Consent to Study
- Complete and submit your main requirements.
- Wait for notification of document screening results. Will be posted on the official Facebook page.
- Take the Philippine Aptitude Test for Teachers (PATT).
- Wait to see if you passed the exam.
- If you passed the exam, submit the additional secondary requirements.
- You will be notified of the schedule and venue of the interview.
If you successfully passed, you will be contacted for your
- Contract Signing
- Provision of Benefits
Philippine Business For Education
6/F 115 Glass Tower Bldg.
Palanca Jr. Street, Legaspi Village
Makati City, Philippines
Telephone: 02 801 4447
Telephone: 02 801 8446
Read more https://www.pbed.ph/
Read more http://www.stepupph.org/